For Texas students with disabilities
impacted by COVID-19
Avocation Therapy is an approved service provider through Texas Education Agency to provide services for Supplemental Special Education Services (SSES). Apply for SSES or contact us if you are ready to schedule services.
To be eligible for the SSES grant, students must currently be:
- enrolled in a Texas public school,
- enrolled in PreK – 12th grade,
- and a student with a disability served through Special Education.
In-Person Services or Telehealth
Avocation Therapy can address skills required to engage in cooperative play and cooperative learning activities if the area impacted is educationally relevant. If your child has an IEP goal that needs additional support due to the impact of COVID-19 and the goal relates to one of the areas listed below, please contact us today to set up an assessment. Services can be provided in-person in Bryan, College Station, and the surrounding Brazos Valley or virtually by telehealth.
- Frustration Tolerance
- Personal Management and Self-Control
- Positive Group Behaviors
- Developing and Maintaining Friendships
- Reciprocal Interactions
- Perspective Taking and Self-Awareness
- Joint Attention
- Social Play
- Leisure Awareness
- Leisure Resources
- Leisure Communication Skill
- Leisure Planning and Decision Making
- Activity Skill Instruction